Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Healthy Curves

I appreciate that many of the models and mannequins here in Russia are lot curvier and realistically shaped then the sticks you find in the U.S. Honestly, it’s quite refreshing!


This is a mannequin, wearing traditional Russian clothing and serving some traditional Russian foods to her man, that Jon and I found at the GUM mall back in April. Don’t you love her broad shoulders and healthy birthing hips? Of course, most mannequins and models don’t look this matronly, but I was still pleasantly surprised to see her and I had to get some pictures.


Don’t get me wrong, there are still the occasional super skinny models, but at least it’s not the norm.

I have become accustomed to seeing healthier models and mannequins, but I admit that I did not expect to see these public signs and I laughed to myself. Even the stick figures in Russia have more curves. Awesome!


Check out the little girl.  Whoa!
Perhaps it's the thick wool undergarments (to combat the frigid Russian winters) that's making her look so bulky.

1 comment:

  1. The stick figures are my favorite. That is awesome. It is nice for a culture to appreciate a real woman. I don't know what the deal with American media is.

    ReplyDelete